When the old Mary Help of Christians Church became too small, the new Siusi Parish Church was built in the middle of the 1930s
The new Parish Church of Siusi allo Sciliar (Seis am Schlern) was built in 1937 on the Piazza Oswald-von-Wolkenstein square, planned by the architects M. Amonn and A. Fingerle. It is an aisleless church with an apse and a steeple, the five bells were manufactured in the famous Grassmayr bell foundry in Innsbruck. In 1950, after the turmoil of WWII, the church was consecrated to the Holy Cross.
Worth mentioning are above all the four small windows in the apse which depict the Sacraments of Penance, Confirmation, Ordination and the Anointing of the Sick, as well as the baptismal font made of copper sheet by the South Tyrolean artist Martin Rainer (1923-2012). Opposite of it, in a niche, stands Our Lady of Sorrows, a sculpture dating back to the 17th century. The four large round-arched windows show the Sermon on the Mount and the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Marriage.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.