The parish church of the small village of Tires is dedicated to Saint George, one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers.
Image gallery: Tires al Catinaccio Parish Church
The Tires Parish Church can be found in the village centre of Tires (Tiers), in the Via San Giorgio road. The sacred building is divided: the lower part of the steeple with its arched windows dates back to the Romanesque period. It was built in the 14th century, more precisely in 1332 AD. The upper part with the red onion-shaped roof, however, was erected in 1739.
Also the late-Gothic choir and the nave date back to the 18th century, but the interior was redesigned in the second half of the 19th century and presents itself nowadays in Neo-Romanesque construction style. The beautiful three ceiling frescoes were painted by the artist Karl Henrici in 1772 and depict - of course - also Saint George.
Saint George is venerated above all as the patron saint of firefighters, farmers, miners, riders and hikers, and is asked for help in case of fever and threat of war as well as for the cattle and good weather.
- Via San Giorgio / St. Georg-Strasse - 39050 - Tires al Catinaccio / Tiers am Rosengarten
- +39 0471 706380
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.