Near the School Museum of Tagusa there’s the little church dedicated to Saint Magdalene.
Tagusa (Tagusens) is a small scattered settlement at approx. 900 m a.s.l. On the edge of the hamlet and at the end of a gravel road there's the St. Magdalene Church - the rocky hill on which it stands is presumably a pre-Christian settlement and cult site.
The Romanesque building dates back to the 13th century - the round-arched windows of the steeple represent a typical element of this period. In the interior of the church there's a Baroque high altar dating back to the 18th century. The sculptures, however, were created by Josef Konrad Wieser from Bressanone (1693 - 1760), one of the best Tyrolean artists of the Rococo.
The church was consecrated to St. Magdalene, venerated above all as the patron saint of women, pupils and students as well as winegrowers and wine merchants. Mary Magdalene is also asked for help in case of thunderstorms, vermin and eye problems - her feast day is celebrated on July 22. A beautiful circular walk leads from the hamlet of Tisana, located west of Castelrotto, in about an hour to the little Church of Tagusa.