Featuring an elevated altitude difference of 1,421 m, the hike from the Pond of Fiè onto Mt Sciliar is quite challenging
Surrounded by a stunning scenery, the Pond of Fiè is located at 1,036 m a.s.l. above the village of Fiè allo Sciliar. And this lovely bathing lake is also starting point of our hike. Hiking across the wood we follow path no. 1, up to reaching the Tuff alpine pasture at 1,207 m.
From here we continue walking on the same path, which takes us along the Rio di Fiè and further to the Sciliar Gorge near Peter Frag. Now we follow the so-called "Knüppelweg" path, which takes up to the Sessel alpine pasture at 1,940 m. Proceeding, the path leads us directly up the souther mountainside of the Sciliar and to the Bolzano mountain hut (2,457 m) on the Sciliar plateau.
Information: if you still have enough energy to walk, you can hike to the highest point of this alpine pasture and enjoy the great view, which takes about 20 more minutes.
- Starting point:
- Pond of Fié
- Time required:
- 06:50 h
- Track length:
- 16,4 km
- from 1.036 m to 2.457 m
- Altitude difference= ucfirst(_('')) ?>:
- +1421 m | -1421 m
- Pond of Fiè - Tuff alpine pasture - Sessel alpine pasture - Bolzano mountain hut - Pond of Fiè
- 1, 3, 1
- Resting points:
- Tuff alpine pasture - Sessel alpine pasture - Bolzano mountain hut
- Recommended time of year:
- Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- Download GPX track:
- Hiking tour from the Pond of Fiè to the Bolzano mountain hut
If you want to do this hike, we suggest you to check the weather and trail conditions in advance and on site before setting out.